Sunday 1 May 2011

And here I leave you

Well friends, we have come, as all things must, to the end. We’ve had some fun (at least I hope so) and learned lots of interesting things.

So how to conclude my blog?

Well, my Communications Studies lecturer used to say the way to write an academic paper was to tell your audience what you’re going tell them, then tell them, then tell them what you’ve told them. So what have we learnt?

Well, that parody religions come in all shapes and sizes, that they wouldn’t exist without the internet and that on the whole they are little rays of silly sunshine in the over serious world of religion.

And what might the future might hold for the wonderfully weird world of parody religions? I like to think that maybe, in hundreds of years, when, as a particularly bleak folk-song has it “all our bones are blackened, and our faces are no more” that futuristic archeologists (River Song perhaps) will find records of Discordianism and the FSM and Jediism and maybe even Linus and his great Pumpkin (see what I did there?) and think that their anscestors where a little bit odd, but really, rather wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment